Linggo, Disyembre 23, 2012

Film Review: The Omen


Title: The Omen
Directed by: John Moore
Released Date: June 6, 2006
Genre: Horror-Suspense-Evil
------------


THE SON OF THE DEVIL

Cast:
Julia Stiles as Katherine Thorn
Liev Schreiber as Robert Thorn
Mia Farrow as Mrs. Baylock
Seamus Davey Fitzpatrick as Damien Thorn
David Thewlis as Keith Jennings

Film Review:

"Some kids may be born evil, and none were born more evil than Damien, the creepy son of a diplomat in The Omen Franchise. It’s a series best known for its primary entry, but the follow ups all have interesting things about them. At least the sequels do."-Andre Dellamorte

The Omen is not just about evilness and demons lurking around, it also has the touch of politics and temptation. The movie had many versions starting year 1976 and 2006, the one I watched is the 2006 version. I already heard of this movie before and I am quite intrigued of what is all about so I was glad that I already had a chance to watch it.
So, the movie is all about a prophecy about the coming of the 'Anti-Christ'. The Vatican people received many signs that the coming of this enemy is inevitable. But, they don't have an idea if what that 'Anti-Christ' would look like. A passage from Revelation in the Bible said that a shooting star will fall down and it  holds the key to the abyss where the destroyer will rise. That's not really the correct terms but as far as I can remember, the one who will bring destruction in the world is locked beneath the Earth and his name was Abaddon.
In the movie, 'Abaddon' was in the form of this innocent looking child named Damien who 
became the son of Robert and Katherine Thorn after their supposedly child died in the hospital.
The death of their biological child is inevitable and this is the way for Damien to be put in. Wow, talk about destiny and fate.


The Character of Damien Thorn:


For me, the boy who played the role of Damien Thorn got the character well though there are still some flaws but that's just normal I guess.
Damien Thorn is the chosen one to destroy or bring 'darkness' in the Human World, it's not pretty obvious because he was just a little boy and no one would really suspect him. I mean if ever he's real I will not suspect him for someone who will create huge destruction and will do something evil. But looks can be really deceiving, satan did a great job molding his ultimate key to destroy mankind; the people are oblivious of the evil aura surrounding Damien. 
He really looked like the evil pyschopath child and damn, I hate him because of his evilness. Though I think the director made the character of Damien more unsuspicious since when the film began, I already saw the hint that he's not normal. He's too quiet and less hyper compare to normal kids.

Usage of Politics in destroying mankind:

Oh yeah, this is really nice. I could say that the easiest way to make people suffer is through government or the people ruling over the countries. Government has power and control, they can do anything they want, almost every thing is on the palm of their hands. Ordinary people believe whatever the media will feed them(unless they are open minded or has another thought about it, but most people just believe whatever they'll see.) so the plan to destroy the humans will be easier. I wonder if  the Vatican people has a thought of the anti-christ being in the world of politics. 

Subjective Review:

I personally liked The Omen, I give this movie 8 stars despite of the fact that I hate Damien and I wanted to kill him if ever he's real. The movie was great, nice plot and everything, I learned something from it actually...that the one written on the Bible, they're symbolisms. They can happen but of course we are not aware of it since it will take different forms. I learned that we should not interpret things 'literally', the other beings more likely prefer us humans to be ignorant about their existence and whatever they're planning for our world. It's better that we keep an open mind on everything.

Cia! :)

References:

wikipedia.org
google.com
imdb.com
mytwistedmind.com XD



~YL




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento