Miyerkules, Enero 30, 2013

Days and Nights: MY NIGHTS ARE MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN YOUR DAYS REVIEW

Title: My Nights are more Beautiful than your Days
Year Released: 1989
Directed by: Andrzej Zulawski
Genre: Drama-Romance-Pyschological

Film Summary:

Lucas, a computer genius facing an unnamed terminal illness that causes him to lose his memory, meets Blanche, a young woman who seems unable to break free of her vicious environment. The two plunge into a brief but intense affair, understanding that their days together are numbered. This a strangely poetic and powerful film that celebrates love's victory over death and suggests that sentiment has some currency even in a pragmatic world. 

'Love means lots of pain...'-Blanche
This is the first time I had watched an Italian film with this kind of theme and I could honestly say that I was shocked and got confused by the depth of the story. The story is about two people who both had traumatic past when they are children and this miserable past greatly affected them both emotionally and psychologically. They randomly met at a restaurant and that's where their relationship started; it was really complicated and I found it hard to absorb everything. While watching the film in the classroom, I was staring on the large screen and my mind was like 'What the heck is going on?' 'I don't get it, what are they going to do?' or 'What is this film really all about?'. I was sooo confused and like Luca and Blanche, my mind also got affected on how they mind were. My head seriously ached while watching and I think it's because of trying hard to decipher the message in the story. I would say that they are both somewhat 'crazy' in their own way. I noticed that while Blanche was crying or whining about the love and other stuff and I think it has something to do with her past. And Lucas' was very obvious, his mind was a lot more screwed than Blanche. That's my own opinion though.


The part when they both went to the beach and let the huge waves swallow them was one of the part which I like the most, while watching that last scene my heart felt a little pang of pain and sadness for the two main characters. It's pretty obvious that they're going to kill themselves by drowning; it's a heartbreaking scene. The two had enough already; too much pain, sorrow and misery in their lives and like there's no one else to save them from the darkness eating them from the inside. Even the world they're living in looks cruel and evil, the people surrounding Blanche made her do things that she doesn't really want. And through Death they were saved and taken away from their suffering.

Subjective Response:

Until now while doing this film review, I am still confused and there are still some parts of the film that remained vague to me. I gotta say that the Director is really awesome and good for making such nice film with unique plot and theme. It was twisted in many ways and I think it did also mirror the reality of people who experienced traumatic events in their lives and how it affected their growing and the people around them. Set aside the sex scenes and rated M scenarios and one shall see the true meaning in the story. Two people who were broken and shattered at an early age, only wants to find love and someone to shed light in the darkness surrounding them. And they found comfort with each other.



Au Revoir! XD

~YL (Mary Louise O. Sarion)

Resources:
www.google.com
www.imbd,com
www.mytwistedmindagain.com XD 
  
 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento